WBHO Infrastructure is the Australian business of one of South Africa's largest contractors. WBHO-I is undergoing significant expansion, and is currently involved in exciting projects across Australia, including project delivery and pre-contracts activity across multiple states.
Reporting to the National Health & Safety Manager, you will be working on an FIFO earthworks project in the Pilbara, WA. The position would commence in the coming weeks on a 2/1 roster, with candidates needing to be available immediately for interviews and training.
- Provide hands on leadership and management of HSE & working practices
- Ensure legislative and occupational compliance
- Promote adherence to WBHO safety policies and procedures to both employees and subcontractors
- Manage the delivery of training and facilitating accident and incident investigations
- Participate in HSE audits as required by the company and clients
- Manage and maintain HSE registers and compiling weekly/monthly HSE reports
- Management of Myosh HSE database for the project
- Cert IV Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or higher
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity of WA HSE legislation
- Previous experience on civil construction projects is highly advantageous
- 5+ years of applicable experience in a similar HSE capacity
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple work fronts and work autonomously
- Experience in risk management, mitigation and incident response
- Advanced understanding of various HSE systems, programs and computing skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office Suite
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, click Apply Now. An attractive salary will be on offer for the successful candidate.
Agency assistance is NOT required