WBHO Infrastructure is the Australian business of one of South Africa's largest contractors. WBHOI is undergoing significant expansion, and is currently involved in exciting projects across Australia, including project delivery and pre-contracts activity across multiple states.
The Ord North Stage 2 project, located south of Kununurra, involves the alignment, widening and resealing of approx 10km of the existing Great Northern Highway.
Reporting to the National Health & Safety Manager, you will be provide mentoring, coaching and guidance, ensuring compliance with HSE regulations, as well as WBHOI processes. The role will be offered as full time on a 2/1 roster from Perth.
- Provide hands on leadership and management of HSE working practices
- Ensure legislative and occupational compliance
- Promote adherence to existing safety policies and procedures to both employees and subcontractors
- Manage the delivery of training and facilitating accident and incident investigations
- Participate in HSE audits as required by the company and/or clients
- Manage and maintain HSE registers and compiling weekly/monthly HSE reports
- Management of Myosh HSE database for the project
- Diploma of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or higher
- Previous experience on Main Roads WA projects
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity of WA HSE legislation
- 5+ years of applicable experience in a similar HSE management capacity
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and work autonomously
- Experience in risk management, mitigation and incident response
- Advanced understanding of various HSE systems, programs and computing skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office Suite
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, click Apply Now. An attractive salary will be on offer for the successful candidate.