WBHO Infrastructure is the Australian business of one of South Africa's largest contractors. WBHO-I is undergoing significant expansion, and is currently involved in exciting projects across Australia, including project delivery and pre-contracts activity across multiple states.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety Advisor to join our Naval Base team. Reporting to the National Health & Safety Manager, this position will provide expert HSE support and advise to a portfolio of Alcoa projects based in Kwinana and the South West. We are looking for someone who can commence immediately on a Monday to Friday roster with regular travel to site.
- Provide hands on leadership and management of HSE & working practices
- Ensure legislative and occupational compliance
- Promote adherence to WBHO safety policies and procedures to both employees and subcontractors
- Manage the delivery of training, inductions and facilitating accident and incident investigations
- Participate in HSE audits as required by the company and clients
- Manage and maintain HSE registers and compiling weekly/monthly HSE reports
- Management of Myosh HSE database for the project
- Candidates based SOR close to Naval Base/Kwinana or Pinjarra are preferred
- Cert IV Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or higher
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity of WA HSE legislation
- Previous experience on civil construction projects is highly advantageous
- 5+ years of applicable experience in a similar HSE capacity
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple work fronts and work autonomously
- Experience in risk management, mitigation and incident response
- Advanced understanding of various HSE systems, programs and computing skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office Suite
This position offers an attractive remuneration as well as a company vehicle, phone and laptop.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, click Apply Now. An attractive salary will be on offer for the successful candidate.
Agency assistance is NOT required